Today begins the cleanse I've prepared for for about a week now. It's pretty simple. Eat your fruits and veggies. All of them. And that's all you get...for the week. Monday begins, only juices for 3 days, then it's on to more "normal" eating; watch your carbs(keep them complex), eat lots of protein, etc. I've also decided that I will minimize dairy, fats, and salts. And there's a SLEW of vitamins involved(see below).
There's no way in hell this will be a permanent thing(obviously, if you know me at ALL). But I'm hoping to jump start my body and metabolism into a healthful place. So with that said, I had what I now refer to as the "swamp monster" for breakfast. Much scarier looking than it tastes. Just bananas, mango, peaches, a handful of spinach, spirulina and ground flax seed. The basic recipe came from Linda's blog(which is down right now, link will come later).
I mourned the loss of my food freedom last night with Spanish wine, New York style pizza and left-over Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.
I already feel like a rabbit. But an...energized rabbit. (Note: immediate visual of sunglassed pink bunny) I will continue counting the days, er, hours until I can eat human food again. But positive attitude is everything so...GO ME!
Quote for the day: "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world."
Be patient, be calm, don't worry.
April :)



1 comment:
This makes me want to kill myself. Also, thank you for changing your font in later posts.
Post a Comment